The Crazy Doll Lady has Moved to (This) New Online Home!

 So, I started my blogging journey on Wordpress, but they recently removed all proper functionality from the editor (unless you're paying them to get at the old one that they took away), so I decided to migrate my blog over to Blogger.  (Not that this editor is great, but it's better than the new one Wordpress is foisting on people.)  Not that I'm closing that account or copying over the posts, mind you; I'll just be referring back to the old blog whenever necessary.  (Because I am lazy.)

Anyhoo, I thought a fun starter post would be about a physical move...even if it's a "move and then move right back" situation.

Not long ago, I had to have the front windows on my house replaced.  But, of course, I had shelves in front of the windows, and I had to move the shelves away, then move them back again, and of course I wanted to be sure I put everything back where it came from.  So I had to photograph the contents of the shelves before I moved them.

And since most of the contents were dolls (or at least doll-adjacent) I thought, why not post those pictures here?  They're just crappy cell phone photos (some with terrible lighting, because I wasn't taking them with the plan of sharing), but it's something to post, right?

So...here are the photos...















And because it turns out Blogger is very, um, awkward, let's say, about adding photos, there are now two duplicates of these pictures uploaded that I can't seem to find a way to delete. :(  Anyway, click on the photos to be linked to the gallery with the full size images...I hope.

I also took photos of a couple of the shelves beside the window, because I was removing some of the things on them and moving some of the stuff off the shelves above into their places.



If you'd like to see more of/learn more about any of the dolls in any of the photos above, let me know! :)  (Of course, some of them are covered on the old blog, but others haven't yet been highlighted on the blog.)

And finally, in honor of the season, I leave you with this new gal:
She's from the Living Dead Dolls line (the gallery has some in-box shots), though she's more slender than the other Living Dead Dolls I have.


I'm not entirely sure what the patterning on her forehead is supposed to represent.  (Sadly, although the shade of her skin looks like she ought to glow in the dark, she doesn't.)

She has pointy clawed fingers! :D


 The sunglasses are actually what makes her a "special" version of this doll.  (Weirdly, I actually bought her from Mandarake in Japan, so I'm not sure if she was like a store's limited edition or a convention doll or what, because the page was not translated all that well.)  I'm leaving her sunglasses in place, though, because as you can kind of see in this shot with the light letting you see through the glasses, her actual eyes are a little bit creepy.  (Well, Living Dead Dolls are, after all, supposed to be creepy.  Which is why I don't have all that many of them. :P  I think this is the only one I have that isn't a Universal Monsters tie-in doll.  Though I have occasionally been tempted by the Harley Quinn one...)

Anyway, I'm not sure how frequent  or infrequent my blogging will be on the new site (it had gotten pretty darned sporadic on Wordpress) but I wanted to get this up so I could do one last post on the old one and close its comments down.

(Also, please note that there is an extra "l" in the URL for this blog.  Because there's a blank blog that already had the url "Crazy Doll Lady" so now according to my URL I guess I'm "Crazy Doll Llady"?  (Does that make me a llama?))

Comments

  1. Following you now in your new locale. Blogger changed its format too. Why can't they leave well enough alone?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Na! Na! Na! Surprise doll review (+ boxed room stuff)

Val, Boxed Rooms and More: An Epic Post of Miniature Proportions